The onset of fever is a sign that something’s wrong. It is usually associated with the appearance of a virus or bacteria. The body reacts by increasing the core temperature. To make it harder for the invading agent to survive. Although fever isn’t really the main cause of the disease. More than a symptom, it’s important not only to know if you have a fever. But knowing how high he went. A good way to do this is with an infrared thermometer. Below you will find our best medical analyses on thermometers.
Our 10 best medical infrared thermometers
1. iProven DMT-489 Overview
Simple design iProven DMT-489, allows you to enjoy the basic functions of infrared thermometer. Without all the frills of the more expensive brands. Easy to use and lightweight. With this dual clinical thermometer you can check both the forehead and the eardrum. With a fast response time of less than a second. It comes with an alarm to signal the presence of fever. The last 20 measured values are also stored for comparison.
But with everything this infrared thermometer has to offer, there are some drawbacks. For example, it does not have an ambient or surface temperature test mode. What some people appreciate and even consider necessary. Another problem is that the tip does not heat up automatically. A feature that some people like to use to make reading more comfortable. Especially for a small child. After all, the voice recording is very noisy. Although the manual describes how to silence your voice, it is easy to ignore it. Moreover, there are no instructions on the side of the thermometer to do this.
See here a comparison of our iProven DMT-489 and DMT-316.
- Enables fast playback in approximately one second.
- Comes with forehead and ears.
- It has only two buttons: one for the forehead and one for the eardrum.
- Very easy to use
- It is not necessary to heat the tip or the instrument itself before use.
- The large screen is easy to read and distinguish
- It changes color depending on the severity of the fever.
- Stores the last 20 readings as a reference.
- Can give inconsistent measurements from ear to ear and when measuring multiple temperatures.
- The recorded voice is too loud.
2. Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT6500 Overview
One of the owner’s requirements for an infrared thermometer is that it must have a preheated tip. You will then want to be considered a leader in this category. The Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT 6500. This feature alone contributes to the fact that this infrared thermometer is much more accurate than comparable models that are not. Because people probably use the same filter several times to save money. The ThermoScan5 has an indicator light indicating that the filter needs to be replaced.
But in addition to the fact that they offer higher measurement accuracy thanks to their ExacTemp technology. It also offers a unique guidance system. This positioning system also improves reading accuracy even more than the previous model.
See here the difference between Thermoscan Brown 5 and 7.
Brown thermos 5 Accuracy
Despite the impressive accuracy of the Braun ThermoScan 5, there are a few things worth mentioning. One of them is that he can’t read his forehead. It is therefore difficult to obtain a fever reading without disturbing the patient. Secondly, it only records the last playback. This complicates the follow-up over a certain period of time and requires manual follow-up. Third, the indicator does not light up. This makes you want to leave a dark room before you not only check the temperature, but also make sure you have taken the right dose.
After all, it would be a good idea if this model could display the colour temperature. As a precaution, eliminate the guesswork if the temperature exceeds the line. For something much more serious. In all cases, the results are communicated within seconds. It’s still a little longer than some other models. But it doesn’t have to be different to be meaningful.
- Known for its high precision
- The ear positioning system detects and has a light for greater accuracy.
- Contains 20 additional lens filters to prevent cross contamination and ensure a clear path to the eardrum.
- You can’t read the forehead.
- Include only your most recent measurements so that you cannot follow them over a long period of time.
- The rear screen does not turn on, making it difficult to read if you leave the light off for patient comfort.
- No colour display for temperature measurements
- Because this model requires filters for the lenses, you will need to buy new filters all the time.
3. QQakutes Digital infrared thermometer for forehead and ears
This is a standard digital infrared thermometer similar to the Braun digital infrared thermometer. With the additional exception that he has the opportunity to express praise. This infrared thermometer has a fast response time of less than a second. It doesn’t matter if you check the temperature of your ears or your forehead. It is also considered more accurate than some other comparable models. With some interesting extras.
When QQcute detects fever, it warns you by setting the backlight to red and emitting 10 short beeps. This is a basic model with only two buttons. It is easy to understand how to switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius, and it is easy to use.
- Large backlit display is easy to read
- He’ll testify in a second.
- Turns off after 30 seconds of not being used to conserve battery power.
- The fever alarm turns red and beeps 10 times to warn you of a possible fever.
- Has non-contact power
- Cannot be as accurate as other models with preheated tip.
4. Infrared thermometer for forehead and ears Innovo Overview
Although this is a 2017 model, it is designed to be included in the standard 2-in-1 digital clinical thermometers that test both forehead and ear temperature. But don’t be discouraged by the fact that this is last year’s model, because it has been improved for greater accuracy.
It is equipped with an AccuSense sensor and a reflective coating that identifies and reflects infrared radiation in the environment, so accurate measurements are not compromised. As a precaution, this thermometer warns you automatically when the temperature exceeds 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a history of 20 standard measurements for some other models and changes color to indicate fever.
Don’t forget that the temperature sensor is extremely sensitive. This person must make sure that you clean it before every use, even if it looks clean, otherwise it will give you inaccurate measurements.
- Upgrade with a highly sensitive sensor
- It has a double mode (forehead and eardrum).
- Diaries of the last 20 votes
- The taillight changes color to indicate a possible fever.
- Sequential measurements can be switched off up to 3-4 degrees apart.
- No preheated peak.
5. Infrared thermometer Dr. Madre Overview
Digital infrared thermometer Dr. Madre’s forehead can read the temperature without touching it, so you don’t have to worry about disturbing the patient, which is a welcome option if you have a sick baby. Whether you use the thermometer on the forehead of a child, a child or an adult, you don’t have to worry about it.
Simply press the SCAN button and hold the thermometer about 5 to 6 cm above your forehead. In less than a second, you’ll read it. Both in a large illuminated digital player for those nightly measurements. If you don’t want to wake them up or hear them talk about your testimony. You can choose between English and Spanish. It comes with a two-year warranty and a sturdy plastic storage case.
- View the history of your last 12 measurements.
- The measurements are available in Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Display available in English and Spanish
- Can sometimes give lower temperature values than the real one.
- He doesn’t always read the same temperature.
6. Forehead and ear thermometer with Metin at a glance
If you look at Methena’s family of infrared thermometers, you will be noticed. It also turns out to be a fairly impressive and easy to use choice. Just attach the snap-on plastic cap and you can use it on your forehead. Or remove the cap and this infrared thermometer automatically switches to the ear position.
The large LCD screen on this model lights up red and the unit emits an alarm to warn of a fever. But only in frontal mode. Both variants use the most advanced infrared technology to achieve the result in less than a second. This forehead thermometer is not recommended for babies under 3 months. 100 day money back guarantee and full two year warranty
- Can take up to 32 witness statements for one or two persons.
- Fahrenheit and Celsius scale
- The buttons on the control panel are small and difficult to operate, especially in a dark room.
- You must hold a plastic protective cap to switch from forehead to ear position.
- The sensor tip is not preheated.
7. ANKOVO Digital Infrared medical thermometer for forehead and ear
At first glance you can see that the ANKOVO forehead and ear thermometer looks easy to use. Wear only two buttons. One is marked for the forehead and the other for the ear. Simplicity of work is appreciated. If you’re trying to determine if someone might have a fever…
This digital infrared thermometer measures in one second or less. And also, accompanied by a discreet but perceptible beep. With up to 20 read accesses to memory. With the push of a button you can calculate a person’s progress. The ANOKO fever alarm also informs you if the temperature exceeds 99.5 degrees. With 7 short and fast beeps on the illuminated LCD screen.
- Easy to use two-button system
- Comes with a fever warning.
- Contactless capacity is not available
- It picks up too much difference between the forehead and the ears.
8. Infrared body temperature thermometer TempIR Overview
Whether you are an adult, have a baby or are looking for the perfect body thermometer for your baby. Maybe it’s the one you’re looking for. This infrared clinical thermometer is compact. However, it has a large digital display that is on for easy reading. It is an ideal choice for a sleeping or restless child or baby.
It is a non-contact thermometer of body temperature. This means you only need to hold it about 1 to 2 inches from your forehead to get an explanation. The silent button function makes it possible to record the patient’s temperature without disturbing the patient’s peace of mind. Moreover, your testimony will be recorded in a second or less. You can choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
The TempIR is durable and can display about 40,000 measurements. It then switches off after only 30 seconds to keep the battery charged. It also has an impressive memory capacity of up to 32 measurements. One of the largest on the market.
- The fever signal indicates an increase in temperature.
- Doesn’t require sensor caps.
- Prevents possible cross-contamination.
- The only non-contact clinical thermometer with a lifetime warranty for product replacement.
- Not available with ear position
9. Non-contact infrared thermometer Overview
The Equinox Infrared Forehead Thermometer has all the functions you need in one convenient kit. Because it is a non-contact carrier, it can be used for everything from babies to adults. 3 modes allow its use for fever detection. And also check the temperature in the room or on a certain surface.
At first glance it seems difficult to use them. But don’t be discouraged by the variety of pimples. The illuminated display changes colour to indicate the temperature. Green for normal, yellow for a slight rise or red for a high fever. When the fever lights up, the display turns red and an alarm sounds on the thermometer. It has a built-in capacity of up to 32 measurements. It can also be easy to convert degrees Fahrenheit to degrees Celsius. At the touch of a button.
- One of the most accurate non-contact infrared thermometers for the forehead with an accuracy of +/- 0.3 degrees.
- One of the largest storage capacities for infrared clinical thermometers
- Doesn’t have an ear position.
- Can be frozen at a certain temperature for a longer period of time
10. AccuMed AT2102 Non-contact infrared thermometer Overview
The AccuMed AT2102 has many features that make it easy to reach the top of the category non-contact infrared thermometers. In a functionality similar to that of the equinox. This pocket thermometer for direct reading also has 32 readout memories. But a little different from the equinox. However, there are only two categories of reading systems. Green for temperatures below normal and red for temperatures above normal.
Thanks to the 3 available measurement modes, you can check the temperature in the housing, surface and room categories. The non-contact infrared sensor allows you to hold this portable device 1-2 inches from your forehead. It has a silent mode so as not to disturb a person’s peace and quiet and lights up for use in dark rooms.
- Large memory capacity for reading 32.
- Categories fever under a normal, soft or strong head with coloured backlight.
- Silent mode
- Not available in ear position.
- The speech signal is quite loud and can frighten small children or babies.
What is an infrared thermometer?
Unlike digital bar thermometers, which measure the inside temperature, infrared thermometers measure the amount of heat your body emits. Although the standard digital model is still relatively accurate. They simply cannot compete with infrared technology. And infrared models give faster results and are more comfortable for patients.
There are two different types of infrared thermometers:
1. Coordinates: scans the thermometer through the forehead and/or in the temple.
2. Contactless version : With this model, hold the thermometer approximately one to two centimetres from the patient’s forehead. Press the button that projects two small red circles on the skin. Then adjust the distance until the two turns are combined into one and release the button to get the measurements.
Most models also come with eardrums. In this mode, the eardrum temperature is used because it is considered to be the most accurate way of reading human temperature.
Why use an infrared thermometer?
With the many improvements in infrared thermometers, many are moving away from traditional mercury thermometers. In addition to the obvious advantages of infrared radiation. The safety aspect must also be taken into account. Because the potential risk of mercury poisoning is too great to ignore.
Are infrared thermometers safe for children?
This is, of course, a legitimate concern for anyone who is a parent, and with good reason. Because the baby’s body is so delicate. The slightest change in temperature can change your overall health quickly and dramatically. That is why accuracy and reliability are so important. An infrared thermometer can give you so much peace of mind. Do not give in to guesswork and warn at the first sign of trouble.
But it is feared that it doesn’t matter how advanced an infrared thermometer is. They are not recommended for children under 3 months. If you need to use an infrared thermometer with your baby, make sure you use the ear position. Since then, it has been clinically proven to be the most reliable and accurate temperature measurement possible.
As you can see, there are a number of medical infrared thermometers available. Each of them has its own specific characteristics to meet your needs. If you have such an accurate measuring instrument, the fear of guessing flies away. It also allows you to take a closer look at a sick person.
best thermometer for fever,best forehead thermometer,medical grade thermometer,best thermometer 2019,iproven thermometer,best forehead thermometer 2019,best thermometer for nurses,best non contact thermometer
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.